Website Help for Non-Profit Organizations
If you manage a 501(c)(3) organization and are looking for a new website or updates to an existing website, we may be able to help.
At all times, CME offers discounted rates to non-profits.
- Website maintenance and updates, discounted from $60/hour to $50/hour. No minimum, billed actual time.
- Website builds, discounted 20%, on all size projects.
Any non-profit, nationwide, may take advantage of these discounts by calling us at 724-523-3001 or completing the form below.
CME’s FREE (almost) Non-Profit Website Program
This program is for local non-profits, currently defined as 501(c)(3) organizations operating in either Allegheny or Westmoreland Counties, Pennsylvania.
Each year, CME chooses up to three (3) non-profit organizations in need of their first website or a new, mobile-friendly website and donates our project development services free of charge.
Essentially that means we make your organization’s website for free. A good recent example is Toys for Pittsburgh Tikes.
There are limitations.
- We use a basic, mobile-friendly template to create a 5-6 page site.
- We use the popular CMS system WordPress, meaning that you can edit and maintain your own website.
- We include 1 hour of free web editing training, and we have online video resources on our WordPress Video Tutorials page.
- We use your organization’s colors, logos, pictures, and text. Please gather and select the resources you would like us to use for your new website.
- This offer is for a basic informational website, not a custom design with special graphics, layout, or features.
- We can accommodate some custom changes, but they will be performed at our non-profit rate of $50/hour.
- While we can donate our time, we cannot donate all expenses associated with the website. In general, minimal costs your non-profit should be prepared to cover include:
- Stock pictures. If pictures from stock sources must be licensed for use, you can expect to pay on average $2-$5/picture for stock licensing.
- Domain Name. If you do not already have a www.non-profit.com domain name, we can help you register one for an average of $16.50/year.
- Hosting. Website hosting is the service that keeps your website online. A small non-profit site will pay on average $150/year for hosting.
- Selections are made by a committee of owners and employees at CME and are based in part by the non-profit’s demonstrated ability to provide the information and resources needed to develop and launch the website in a timely manner.
- Must be a 501(c)(3) organization
- Must submit a completed application (below)
- Must be able to provide an accessible, dedicated contact person that can make all the decisions regarding the website project.
If you meet the above requirements and you are interested in applying for 2017, please apply using the form below and we will get back to you for the information needed to help us make a determination. Thank you!
Already have a website? CME provides website maintenance to non profit organizations at a discounted rate of $50/hour.
Non-Profit Website Application